Wednesday, 10 August 2016

Feedback

08.08.16

After speaking with Jason about my project and what direction to take with it on Friday I took some more notes about areas of interest to look into that could broaden my idea and give me a new focus, I found his feedback helpful and plan to reevaluate what it is I want to achieve from this project and investigate some new areas of tattooing.

Some of the things we discussed included:
  • Look into the tensions between different parties involved with someone getting a tattoo - tattooist, person receiving the tattoo,friends & family
  • How I could aid the connection between these parties
  • Get inside the headspace of people that are concerned with tattoos
  • Create journey maps that highlight the tension points for different people in the tattoo process
  • Creating empathy maps of the different concerned parties
  • How can ongoing relationships around tattooing be established?
  • Can tattoos be for good? or create social change?
  • Ask why? - Why get a tattoo? why not get one? Why get another? Why refuse to tattoo someone? etc.
  • How can tattoos be further established as a social norm?
  • Consider ethics when speaking with people about tattooing
  • Talk to tattoo artists about their work - ethics don't need to be considered when strictly speaking about someones job
  • Look into stresses of tattooists themselves - when learning to tattoo, when clients are unhappy, when mistakes are made etc.
  • Consider the commitment of getting a tattoo - What does it mean to people? Is that what puts people off? Does it reflect something about the personalities of people with tattoos?
  • Focus on 2 pillars - Why am I doing this? & What do I want to achieve?




No comments:

Post a Comment