15.08.16
The 10/5 Report
My Project is about facilitating a stronger connection between tattooists, designers and customers as well as encouraging and promoting tattooing to a wider audience. I initially thought I would achieve this through an app that projects tattoo designs onto a human figure so that users could visualise their tattoos before getting them.
I‘ve recently discovered a new product that has been engineered by students at NYU. It’s a tattoo ink that can be applied and removed with existing tattoo equipment and will also naturally fade from skin roughly a year after being applied.
I think this is an exciting idea that I would like to incorporate into my project because while researching I found the biggest reason people don’t want to get a tattoo is the fact that they are permanent.
At this stage I’m struggling with deciding how to move my project forward and what to create in order to execute my ideas.
I‘ve recently discovered a new product that has been engineered by students at NYU. It’s a tattoo ink that can be applied and removed with existing tattoo equipment and will also naturally fade from skin roughly a year after being applied.
I think this is an exciting idea that I would like to incorporate into my project because while researching I found the biggest reason people don’t want to get a tattoo is the fact that they are permanent.
At this stage I’m struggling with deciding how to move my project forward and what to create in order to execute my ideas.
I decided to send this report to Gray and arrange a meeting time. I was told he was very knowledgeable around web and app design and hadn't yet discussed my project with him, so I thought it would be valuable to get a fresh perspective on where I was at.
The feedback I received was really useful and has helped me to consider alternative ways of executing the project, given me a clearer direction for what I should be aiming to achieve and provided me with new ways to progress and move my idea forward.
Some of the things we discussed were:
- To build the app on the assumption I can do anything - don't be limited by technology or knowledge of programs.
- Think about what a tattoo app would look like, create an aesthetic.
- Consider how I might compile a database of images, artists and designs.
- The possibility of using After Effects instead of Invision to execute the application - mock up a movie that shows the interactivity.
- Fake it - set up exercises with different people where the app appears to have projected a tattoo onto their skin and gauge their reactions to it/take feedback from them.
- The potential to create a full brand experience for a tattoo parlour - include packages and various features, a competitive difference.
- Consider how I could design the idea as a business - what would a tattoo parlour look like and include based around the idea of using semi-permanent ink?
- What is the 'brand experience' around a tattoo parlour that uses semi-permanent ink?
No comments:
Post a Comment