Monday, 12 September 2016

Presentation Feedback

29.08.16

For the second show I received critique from Annette and had Nathan taking notes for me. I showed some initial design around FLUX tattoo studio including a new app that I had prototyped on Invision and talked through some of the different concepts I've been considering to create a brand experience. I also took notes from some of my peers who showed interest in my project and offered further critique of where I'm at in my project.

Some notes from the critique: 

  • There's too many different ideas for one project
  • Write a concise statement - what is it all about?
  • Open conversations around traditional vs. contemporary tattooing
  • Collate a gallery of tattoo designs
  • Could address self-branding as a concept
  • Semi permanent ink could be sold on the principle that identities change over time
  • Look into definitions of tattoos or meanings of symbols/placement
  • Is it about raising awareness/promoting tattooing?
  • Do you need to consider what is culturally appropriate?
  • Design is dark/sinister - goes against what you're saying
  • Triangle logo doesn't communicate what it intends to
  • Need 'room to breathe' on dark poster
  • Decide what I have the most info on and what will work best as a project
  • Semi permanent tattoos could be used as a trial period for people serious about getting one
  • Could also be used by people who don't want to commit but act on an impulse
  • Clients could come back to make the tattoo permanent
  • Where would the parlour be?
  • What would the company need?
  • How does it respond culturally?
  • Look at when identity becomes permanent, does it ever?
  • Target market is between impulsive people who would get it because why not and people who are serious about their tattoos but want to try them out first
  • Chameleon is stronger as a logo that the triangle design
  • Look into meaning associated with the chameleon - third eye?

No comments:

Post a Comment