25.07.16
The first project that I've begun researching is an idea to create a drinking vessel with two chambers. The idea came to me when going to purchase a drink from fix and buying both a Powerade and a bottle of water. By having two separate chambers the bottle would reduce consumer choice, have great market potential and could explore a variety of different applications.
Doing some research into this concept, I've found some existing products that are trying to achieve similar goals. These products are currently only available online and are still in the early stages of production. They are being marketed as personal, reusable drink bottles rather than being tied to a brand and mass produced but the ideas still offer insight and inspiration for my own project.
The HydraDuo water bottle: treehugger.com_hydraduo
Duothirst drink bottle: indiegogo.com_duothirst
For the project I could look at designing and creating the bottle itself to market to existing companies and explore different applications that would enhance their products. Combination examples could be Fresh-Up and Sprite or Coca-Cola and Raspberry (the list goes on).
I'm also considering designing the bottle as a whole new product to market the particular drink combination of electrolytes and water. The target audience would include athletes, fitness enthusiasts and generally active people and the competitive difference would be focused around the fact that absorbing and benefiting from drinking electrolytes requires the body to also have water. By having them both in one bottle it becomes very convenient and suits the lifestyle of that target market.



No comments:
Post a Comment